Managing Projects in Organizations
This training introduces participants to project management in accordance with the Project Management Institute standards. For 2 participants learn key concepts related to project management and, based on realistic case studies, they go through a full life cycle of project management, from initiation, through planning, realization, monitoring and control to project closure. This module covers the general tools and techniques presented in PMBOK® and focuses on the role of the project manager as an integrator of project activities. This is the introductory module in the PMP® Academy program.
Please, do not hesitate to call us:
|Duration||2 days (16 hours)|
|Number of PDUs in the PMI® competence triangle|
|Strategic and Business Managment||6|
|Technical Project Management||6|
- presentation of techniques and tools used in mature project management,
- gaining the skills to successfully implement complex projects,
- Getting to know the most important success factors of the project,
- presenting the model life cycle of project management,
- preparation for the implementation of the organization's environment.
- systematize the current knowledge and terminology of the industry,
- You will be able to support the implementation, planning, implementation, monitoring and closure of projects,
- You will learn documentation templates to be implemented in your design,
- You will be able to carry out projects in accordance with the best international practices,
- You will increase your chances of success,
- You will take the first step towards obtaining a PMP® or CAMP® certification.
- project managers,
- members of project teams,
- executives involved in projects,
- those interested in upgrading their competence in project management,
- candidates for PMP® and CAPM® certifications,
- people with lesser project experience who want to learn the basics of project management.
- Basic terms related to the art of project management,
- Role of projects in modern organizations,
- Organisational structure and project management,
- Project life cycle,
- Programmes and project portfolios,
- Features of an effective project manager,
- Project stakeholders management,
- Role of communication in project management,
- Initiation of a project in the organization,
- Kick-off meeting,
- Building and managing a project team,
- Developing a project plan,
- Scope management (Work Breakdown Structure - WBS),
- Estimating duration and costs of the project,
- Introduction to project risk management,
- Project execution,
- Quality in project management,
- Project progress control,
- Closing the project.
The first module in the series was very interesting because it gave me a chance to look at management issues in a broader context. My previous experience in project management was purely for the IT industry. The trainer's experience, knowledge and knowledge sharing was very good. Besides, this training was a good way for me to reasses what I already know.